Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10am-8pm
Salary: $19.1336 – $20.3575 per hour D.O.E.; Will be eligible for a one- and two-year step increase. depending on satisfactory performance
Benefits: Medical, Life, 401A, 457, Roth, Dental, Vision
Rural Crisis Specialist will act as a co-responder with Law Enforcement. This position responds to Crisis Hot Line calls, calls from Law Enforcement, Hospital, and calls from Callahan, Jones, Shackelford, Stephens and Taylor County communities. This position is Monday through Thursday, 10am-8pm. Crisis Worker will help resolve 911 calls, Crisis Hot Line calls and Crisis Walk ins from the Abilene community requesting assistance with behavioral health needs. Response is in person or may need to be video for quicker response time. Crisis assessment and interviews will inform decisions determining the most appropriate resolutions for individuals with a psychiatric crisis. Will perform crisis assessments for adults and children. The lease restrictive environment providing care and safety will be considered. Options may include jail diversion, community options with safety plans or inpatient placement. To access inpatient options collaboration with Supervisor, law enforcement, judges and contract hospitals will be required. Must be able to work under pressure with stressful situations while maintaining a professional manner. This employee will use Trauma Informed Care principles when interacting with subject and collaterally involved individuals. Crisis Specialist may do other duties given by MCOT Team Lead or Program Administrator.
• Prefer previous experience in Mental Health Crisis Work and Assessment.
• Requires Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field relevant to job duties.
• Prefer a Master’s degree and clinic license (LPC, LMSW or other license that qualifies as a LPHA).
• Must be eligible to be certified as a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
• The qualified candidate will need to have excellent communication and writing skills, problem resolutions skills, demonstrated effectiveness in working under pressure, can work collaboratively as part of the team, utilize Trauma Informed Principals in day-to-day work, and can accurately assess needs of customers in crisis situations.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and be an insurable driver.